I recommend that a company starts its search for new Tucson office space at least 12 months in advance. This gives you time to truly determine your space needs, look at properties and compare various options.
It also gives you the flexibility to respond to changing requirements.
Challenge to Finding Tucson Office Space
This is what happened to one Tucson manufacturing company. Company executives started looking for space to expand its operations. But within that 12-month timeframe, the company grew faster than they expected. They found their needs continually changed.
As a Tucson commercial real estate tenant rep with more than 25 years in this market, I know how to find all available Tucson office space, even sites that have not yet been put on the market.
This knowledge gave the company many options, including ever-larger spaces with the infrastructure it needed to accommodate its growth spurt.
The company signed a lease for Tucson office space that
- met its needs for high bandwidth communications
- gave the company early access to improve the space to federal government anti-terrorism customs guidelines
- gave the company a tenant improvement allowance and a free-rent period
- provided for an audit of the landlord’s operating expenses.
Take-Aways for Finding Tucson Office Space
- Give yourself as much time as possible to search for new Tucson office space. This gives you flexibility to change your requirements as you take a look at where your business is going.
- Partner with a commercial property broker who knows where sites are available regardless of who owns or manages them.
- Keep in constant contact with your commercial real estate broker so that your partner can continually address your changing needs.
- Take advantage of contract provisions that don’t focus on rent. They can save you money.
Contact me for details on this case study. Talk with me about your special needs for Tucson office space.
Read all of CREG Tucson’s case studies.