Opportunity Zones (O-Zones)
CREG Tucson has deep, up-to-date information on opportunity zones, or O-Zones. These are designated areas that attract investment through a federal tax incentive program
How the Tax Credit Works
- An investor takes capital gains and invests it in a property that qualifies under the O-Zone rule.
- The tax on that reinvested capital gains is reduced by up to 15%. The tax is deferred until 2026.
- Capital gain from the O-Zone investment is not taxed.
- The Tucson metropolitan area has O-Zone designations in 27 census tracts, including large areas of undeveloped land earmarked for commercial development
- They allow investors to reduce the amount of their reinvested taxable capital gains by 10% or 15%, depending on the length of the investment
- Business owners operating within an O-Zone might qualify to set up their own fund to invest in their assets
Read my articles about O-Zones for an introduction. Then contact me.
I can help you:
- Find opportunities for you to build, lease or buy Tucson commercial real estate in O-Zones
- Guide you to O-Zone investment funds
- Introduce you to fund managers and other professionals
- Help you set up an equity fund for growth capital in existing O-Zone property
- Tenant Guidelines for Obtaining Your Ideal Industrial Space in a Competitive Landlord’s Market
- Growth, despite uncertainty in changing economic times: Tucson’s 2023 industrial outlook
- Thriving Diversity: A First Quarter 2023 Overview of Tucson’s Robust and Innovative Industrial Market
- Rising Above: A First Quarter 2023 Overview of Tucson’s Dynamic and Evolving Office Market
- Case Study: Keep Trying in a Tight Commercial Real Estate Market
- Business-friendly state rankings show Arizona is a reliable partner
- Case Study: Check Out COVID-19 Office Space Casualties
- Tucson crucial for Arizona’s semiconductor manufacturing boom
- Relocation Guide—Finding the Perfect Commercial Space for Business Success
- Relocation Guide Update Focuses on COVID-19
- Case Study: Tap Economic Development Community for Tucson Lab Space
- Arizona’s Robust Optics Industry Topic of CREG Tucson White Paper