Opportunity Zones (O-Zones)
CREG Tucson has deep, up-to-date information on opportunity zones, or O-Zones. These are designated areas that attract investment through a federal tax incentive program
How the Tax Credit Works
- An investor takes capital gains and invests it in a property that qualifies under the O-Zone rule.
- The tax on that reinvested capital gains is reduced by up to 15%. The tax is deferred until 2026.
- Capital gain from the O-Zone investment is not taxed.
- The Tucson metropolitan area has O-Zone designations in 27 census tracts, including large areas of undeveloped land earmarked for commercial development
- They allow investors to reduce the amount of their reinvested taxable capital gains by 10% or 15%, depending on the length of the investment
- Business owners operating within an O-Zone might qualify to set up their own fund to invest in their assets
I can help you:
- Find opportunities for you to build, lease or buy Tucson commercial real estate in O-Zones
- Guide you to O-Zone investment funds
- Introduce you to fund managers and other professionals
- Help you set up an equity fund for growth capital in existing O-Zone property
- Tucson Industrial Market January 2024 Recap: Capturing the Pulse of Progress in Tucson’s Commercial Real Estate Arena
- Tucson Office Markets January 2024 Recap: Steering Through the Odyssey of Tucson’s Office Market Landscape
- Unlocking Lease Renewal Success with the Landlord Indifference Analysis in Southern Arizona
- Unlocking Favorable Lease Terms Amidst Southern Arizona’s Commercial Real Estate Perfect Storm
- An excellent time to be a tenant.
- Tenants seek safeguards against landlord defaults.
- Tenant Guidelines for Obtaining Your Ideal Industrial Space in a Competitive Landlord’s Market
- Growth, despite uncertainty in changing economic times: Tucson’s 2023 industrial outlook
- Thriving Diversity: A First Quarter 2023 Overview of Tucson’s Robust and Innovative Industrial Market
- Rising Above: A First Quarter 2023 Overview of Tucson’s Dynamic and Evolving Office Market
- Case Study: Keep Trying in a Tight Commercial Real Estate Market
- Business-friendly state rankings show Arizona is a reliable partner